Buying, selling or re-mortgaging a property can be a stressful event. It is essential that you engage the services of an experienced conveyancing solicitor to ensure that the transaction proceeds as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
At Gillen & Co we work closely with estate agents, financial advisors and surveyors to ensure the transaction proceeds efficiently and to guide you through the conveyancing process at all stages of the transaction.
Buying a Property
When purchasing a property your solicitor will:
- Inspect the deeds to the property to ensure that the title deeds to the property are suitable both for you and your lending institution.
- Review your survey Report
- Check all property certificates, searches and replies to pre-contract enquiries provided by the seller’s solicitor.
- Check your mortgage offer and discuss it with you
- Meet with you to discuss in detail the title deeds, any conditions in the deeds you must adhere to, any service charge relating to the property should there be communal open space or if your property is a flat or apartment.
If you are buying a property you can contact us by telephone or you may wish to obtain a quotation using ouronline quotation facility
Selling a Property
When selling a property your Solicitor will:
- Obtain the title deeds if held by a lender
- Prepare the contract for sale
- Order the relevant property certificates and searches which you as seller must provide to the purchaser
- Meet with you to complete a set of questions called pre contract enquiries
- Obtain a redemption statement from your lender